(1) Edouard Manet (1862-3) Le Déjeuner sur l’herbe (Luncheon on the Grass).
Suzette liked taking off her clothes and being naked outdoors especially in the company of two handsome men and one rather dishy if distracted woman. Unfortunately the artists had a tendency to waffle on about art, whereas she had her eye on what was in the picnic basket beside her. She wondered if there was a vibrator in that tempting selection, one that was small enough to palm and play with, without anyone noticing…
A new erotic creative challenge to play….
Calling all Old (or not so old) Masters or Mistresses – now is the time to get your art history kink on. Does your Kink of the week get a mention in the world’s kinky art or is their a part of an artwork that really feeds your kinky desires? Got a yen to reinterpret, retell or re-invent some of the world’s most enticing, erotic or confronting works of art? (Shunga anyone?)
Do you itch to reveal (or order your sub to reveal) an inner model, circus dancer, Pre-Raphaelite nymph or sorceress, or Odilesque? Is the idea of a (consensually) martyred claim to Sainthood appealing? Do you see yourself as a latter day Egon Schiele – cock in hand? Want to release your suggestive Symbolist Succubus, or your Botticelli God/dess? Feeling athletic? The Greeks and Romans didn’t just like Venus/Aphrodite’s beautiful bum…
Then the fortnightly Art Twist challenge is here for the taking…
While solo performances are entirely appropriate (even if there is more than one person in the original artwork) you don’t have to stop at one!
You might care to relive Klimt’s Kiss as a sexy couple!
Feel like getting some kinky friends together to creatively re-imagine some of the more “interesting” works you’ve encountered over the years?
Are you attending Eroticon 2018 – maybe you can plan to spare 15 mins to do some art historical re-enactment.
Just keep it legal, sexy/erotic and playful…
The challenge will initially run fortnightly on a Thursday for the first quarter of 2018, starting Thursday 4th January – Thursday 29th March [7pm Melbourne Time (AEDT)]. The first link will open on 3rd Jan.
If people are loving it then there is an option to extend the challenge further…
Lets get started: A Call for Prompts!!!
- This is a democracy folks – send a link to my Twitter account @midnightoasis64 or email address email@example.com nominating any public domain artwork in any medium you fancy (Wikipedia has lots of use-able images), but be quick, there is only room for 7 prompts in the initial challenge.
- You have until December 20 to get your suggestions in to me. In the unlikely event that I don’t get sufficient prompts I will take the upper hand and include selections of my own!
- Your suggested prompts must not depict any criminal activity such as bestiality, drug taking or paedophilia.
- Suggestions are not automatically adopted. I reserve the right to not include any prompt I consider inappropriate or unacceptable.
- The people in your suggested prompt do not have to be unclothed, in fact this is a moment when the nude model may be considered a little passe (gasp)…
Further details about participation in the Art Twist Challenge can be found here…
(1) Edouard Manet (1862-3) Le Déjeuner sur l’herbe Luncheon on the Grass.
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
The author died in 1883, so this work is in the public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author’s life plus 100 years or less.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published (or registered with the U.S. Copyright Office) before January 1, 1923.