Welcome to the first ever Art Twist prompt!
Edouard Manet (1862-63) Le Déjeuner sur l’herbe (Luncheon on the Grass).
Source: via Wikimedia Commons (credits below). For more info about this work: https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/asset/twELHYoc3ID_VA
Rejected by the Paris Salon, this well known work was first exhibited in the Salon des Refusés. Emile Zola wrote at length about this work. The English transcript can be found on Wikipedia. One theory about it’s origins is that it depicted a sex worker and referred to prostitution which was apparently common in the park in which the picnic takes place.
What do you think?
- Click here for rules, links and logo’s
- Link back to the Art Twist entry using the published URL from your relevant post and the inlinkz tool at the bottom of the page.
- Ensure you have included a copy of the Art Twist logo on your post for others to follow. Link it back to main Art Twist site page url.
- Publicize Art Twist through your social networks.
- Provide feedback to your fellow players – we all appreciate your time, trouble and love!
- Finally if anything isn’t working can you please let me know by posting a comment below, while virginity and ineptitude don’t necessarily go together my technology skills fall more into the realm of optimism rather than true understanding!
The link below will take you through to an Inlinkz page where you can pos and/or view what others have posted. Dorky and awkward but I don’t self host and I’m not on the highest rate on WordPress so I can’t get the widget. Please bear with me!