1. Who was the first person you ever had a crush on? Why did you like them?
His name was Neil, he was a Kiwi, and our parents were friends. He took me to the circus when I was about 11, and with some clever management on his part we got in for free, which impressed and scared me no end. We held hands on several occasions, and may have kissed – I don’t remember. Sadly his parents went back to New Zealand, and that was the end of that.
2. What is the most important material possession you have and why? That’s a tough one. I am the custodian of the family histories and photographs – though I don’t regard them as mine. Maybe the Oasis (my studio cottage). It’s the first house that is truly mine, and working on it is a labour of love.
3. If you were a cake which cake would you be?
A let them eat cake, cake!
4. Has anything/anyone ever saved your life before?
Yes – twice. Both times were medical emergencies. The first an ectopic pregnancy (which burst in hospital – massive internal bleeding.)
The second a gangrenous gallbladder. Ric my last partner insisted he take me to hospital, when I was stubbornly saying I’d be alright. (I wouldn’t have been). (The ties that bind even when someone has done something unforgivable).
5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
The ability to choose a mate wisely, and to hold fast regardless.
Bonus: Do you have a dream you’re pursuing? Tell us about it.
Travelling is a high priority. Look out UK, I’ll see you in September! Hoping to go to Cyprus in 2019.
My creative collaboration with photographers Craig and Sara. I’d like it to lead to something wonderful for all of us.
Working with ropes.
To have a pleasurable and active sex life for the rest of my life.