Art Twist is coming!!!
A new erotic and creative challenge to play….
Suzette liked taking off her clothes and being naked outdoors in the company of two handsome young men and one rather dishy woman. Unfortunately the artists had a tendency to waffle on about art whereas she had her eye on what was in the picnic basket beside her. She wondered if there was a vibrator in that tempting selection, one that was small enough to palm and play with, without anyone noticing…
Calling all Old (or not so old) Masters or Mistresses – now is the time to get your art history kink on. Does your Kink of the Week get a mention in the world’s kinky art or is their a part of an artwork that really feeds your kinky desires? Got a yen to reinterpret, retell or re-invent some of the world’s most enticing, erotic or confronting works of art? (Shunga anyone?)
Do you itch to reveal (or order your sub to reveal) an inner model, circus dancer Pre-Raphaelite nymph or sorceress, or Odilesque? Is the idea of a (consensually) martyred claim to Sainthood appealing? Do you see yourself as a latter day Egon Schiele – cock in hand? Want to release your suggestive Symbolist Succubus, or your Botticelli God/dess? Feeling athletic? The Greeks and Romans didn’t just like Aphrodites beautiful bum…
Then the fortnightly Art Twist challenge is here for the taking…
While solo performances are entirely appropriate (even if there is more than one person in the original artwork) you don’t have to stop at one!
You might care to relive Klimt’s Kiss as a sexy couple!
Feel like getting some kinky friends together to creatively re-imagine some of the more “interesting” works you’ve encountered over the years? Are you attending Eroticon 2018 – maybe you can plan to spare 10 mins to do some “art historical re-enactment”. Just keep it legal, sexy, suggestive and playful…
The challenge will initially run fortnightly for the first quarter of 2018, starting Thursday 4th January – Thursday 29th March [Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)]. The linky tool will initially be open on 3rd Jan for 10 days so you’ll have time to get your entries in.
If people are loving it then there is an option to extend…
Lets get started!
- This is a democracy folks – send me an image of an artwork [any medium] you fancy (must be in the public domain for inclusion), but be quick, there is only room for 7 prompts in the initial challenge.
- You have until December 20 to get your suggestions in to me. In the unlikely event that I don’t get sufficient prompts I will take the upper hand and include selections of my own!
- Your suggested prompts must not depict any criminal activity such as bestiality, drug taking or paedophilia.
- Suggestions are not automatically adopted. I reserve the right to not include any prompt I deem inappropriate or unacceptable.
- The people in your suggested prompt do not have to be unclothed, in fact this is a moment when the nude model may be considered a little passe…
Guidelines for fortnightly entries
- You and anyone featured in your images must be over 18+.
- Get consent from anyone else featured in your post.
- Original works only. Posts must include an image which responds in a creative way to the prompt, but may be accompanied by a written piece. Images may include photos and/or original artworks. Feel free to post collages, creatively photoshopped images etc.
- Recent posts (within the fortnight) only, although you can rework an earlier image if it is relevant.
- Posts can be used across more than one challenge, provided it meets the guidelines for each.
- No private posts, no advertising or reviews.
- No bestiality, drug taking, paedophilia, animal cruelty, non-consensual activities.
- I will remove entries which breach conditions.
How to participate:
- The prompt will be advertised a week before it opens. Check out the prompt and get creating. Entries can include original and altered photographs, artworks and writing.
- You can come early: The link tool will be open before the play date.
- Prepare your post.
- Copy the HTML code which will be provided into your HTML browser, this will generate the Art Twist logo which can be sized to fit your post.
- Link back to the Art Twist entry using the published URL from your relevant post and the inlinkz tool which will be visible on the site.
- Ensure you have included the Art Twist logo on your post.
- Publicize Art Twist through your social networks.
- Provide feedback to your fellow players – we all appreciate some love.
Edouard Manet (1862-3) Le Déjeuner sur l’herbe Luncheon on the Grass.
Source: via Wikimedia Commons
For more info about this work: https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/asset/twELHYoc3ID_VA
Licensed under Creative
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
The author died in 1883, so this work is in the public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author’s life plus 100 years or less.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published (or registered with the U.S. Copyright Office) before January 1, 1923.
Logo Photo: Venus Kallipygos in Naples National Archaeological Museum
Source: By anonymous http://www.everyfoto.com [CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons
Licensed under Creative